How do I take JYNARQUE® (tolvaptan)?
You and your doctor will work to find the JYNARQUE dose that is right for you
The starting dose for JYNARQUE is 60 mg/day
Your doctor might increase your dose of JYNARQUE to make sure it’s doing the most it can
3 dose combinations of JYNARQUE are available*:
*Not actual size.
Some tips for taking JYNARQUE
Who should not take JYNARQUE?
Do not take JYNARQUE if you:
- have severe liver problems
- cannot feel if you are thirsty
- have been told that your body fluids are too low
- have been told that the amount of sodium in your blood is too high or too low
- are allergic to tolvaptan or any of the ingredients in JYNARQUE. See the Medication Guide for a complete list of ingredients in JYNARQUE
- are unable to urinate
What should I tell my healthcare provider before taking JYNARQUE?
Tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions, including if you:
- have a history of sodium (salt) levels that are too low
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if tolvaptan will harm your unborn baby. Tell your healthcare provider if you become pregnant or think that you may be pregnant
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if tolvaptan passes into your breast milk. Do not breastfeed during your treatment with JYNARQUE. Talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby during this time
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- Taking JYNARQUE with certain medicines could cause you to have too much tolvaptan in your blood. JYNARQUE should not be taken with certain medications. Your healthcare provider can tell you if it is safe to take JYNARQUE with other medicines
- Do not start taking a new medicine without talking to your healthcare provider